CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Au revoir louisiane!



I left my good ol' home of Louisiana yesterday. I won't lie and say it wasn't hard because it's home and of course I knew I would miss it. My family brought me to the airport so we could say our goodbyes. I'm proud of them all! Thanks for the support, guys! I love you. I also have to thank my friends, who made my last days at home memorable. I suppose I'm pretty darn lucky because I have some super awesome friends and family and I know they'll be on my mind and in my heart all the time (as cheesy as that sounds). So thank you everyone for absolutely everything!
So, now I'm in Philadelphia at staging, getting ready for the flight to Cameroon tomorrow. I am sooo nervous about the vaccinations and meds we'll be getting tomorrow. When I get super nervous around needles, I faint. I know... big baby, right? But awesomely enough, meeting the group of 36 volunteers who are coming with me has made me feel so much better! They're really great and they are all feeling the same way I'm feeling. I was much comforted when I arrived and met this group.
Keep me in your thoughts! I love you all!

0 comments: